HANOI – HA LONG BAY – HOI AN – HO CHI MINH CITY (SAIGON)
7 nights / 8 days
Savour Vietnam through its food.
After two successful food trails to Vietnam, Black Swan Journeys, yet again, gears-up to take you through the land of compelling culture and beauty, with a vow to highlight more than just food. This curated food trail not only taps the pulse of the local cuisine and crafted beers, but also allows you to experience the country like a true local.
Here’s our food trail that promises to bring out the foodie in you, while also encouraging your adventurous side to shine!
Black Swan Experiences!
- Guided street food trail in Hanoi
- Cooking lesson at a local home in Hanoi
- Beer trail in Hanoi
- Luxury cruise at UNESCO listed Ha Long Bay
- Cooking class at Red Bridge Cooking School in Hoi An
- A treasure hunt through the streets of Hoi An
- Interaction with a War Veteran at Cu Chi Tunnels
Sat.24th March: HANOI – ARRIVAL
Morning arrival at the Hanoi airport where our local guide would be present for the reception. Transfer to your hotel in the city central. Some free time after a long flight.
(Note: Hotel check-in time is 1400 hrs. Early check-in is not included.)
- 04:00 PM. - Embark on a guided tour to the Imperial Citadel of Thang Long – a UNESCO listed World Heritage site, it is an intriguing relic of Vietnam’s history. It houses excavated artefacts dating way back to 6th century.
- Post this visit we embark on our first culinary adventure here, continue a short drive (approx. 10 minutes) to Truc Bach Lake, to taste “Pho Cuon” (Stuffed pancake) at Hung Ben Shop. Next, drive to Old Quarter central for a walking tour through streets and taste “Nom Bo Kho” (dry beef salad), “Nem Rán” (Fried Spring Roll), “Phở”, Banh Mi (Vietnamese Sandwich). And end the tour with a famous Vietnamese coffee - “Ca phe trung” (egg coffee).
- Return to your stay
- Overnight in Hanoi at Lapis Hotel or similar
Sun.25th March: HANOI – HOME VISIT & COOKING CLASS – BEER TRAIL (B, L, D)
- Breakfast at the hotel
- 08:30 AM - Depart from the hotel’s lobby for your cooking demo at a local’s home.Visit a local market. Then come to a local home. Meet the host and have a cooking demonstration of stew fish.
- Enjoy your lunch whilst sharing life experience and customs with the host.
- After lunch, say goodbye to the host. Drive back to city center to visit the Temple of Literature – a complex originally built as a center of learning and dedicated to the Chinese saint, Confucius. With new buildings added over the century and beautiful landscaped garden, it is an oasis of sorts.
- Then, continue the day with Beer Trail, riding pillion on a motorbike (05:00 PM – 08:30 PM)
- You will be picked-up from hotel by our riders, helmet on and hop on a motorbike; as you snake through the backstreets, taste local beers and and have “Bun Cha”
- Drive through busy street of Old Quarter, visit bustling morning market, Long Bien wholesale market and Long Bien Bridge before starting a beer trail to taste different kinds of local beer and snacks. Th tour would cover Habeco beer, a some outstainding microbrewerie and have “Bun Cha” (BBQ pork with noodle, fish sauce and herbs)
- End up the day tour with Dinner in restaurant
- Return to your stay
- Overnight in Hanoi at Hotel Lapis or similar
Mon.26th March: HANOI - HALONG (B, L, D)
- Breakfast at the hotel
- 7.30-7.45 AM: Our bus will pick you up at your hotel in Hanoi Old Quarter to transfer to Ha Long bay (approx. 3.5hrs) There will be 1 rest stop is made in halfway.
- 12:00 PM: Arrive at Bhaya Group Cruise Centre at Tuan Chau International Passenger Port.
- 12:45 PM: Embark your cruise onboard Bhaya Cruises. Enjoy welcome drinks while our Cruise Manager does the itinerary and safety briefing.
- 1:00 PM: Let the vacation begin with a tasty lunch while the boat cruises towards the southwest of Halong Bay.
- 3:00 PM: Discover the mysterious Tien Ong Cave which is not only a beauty spot but also an archaeological site. Covering an area of 1,000 m2 with stunning stalactites and stalagmites, the cave is one of the finest caves in Halong Bay.
- 5:00PM: Bar opens for the Happy Hour "Buy one get one free". Take the chance to get more delicious drinks and fun.
- 5:30PM Join exciting “Master-Chef Competition” and fruit carving demonstration, learn and try your hands with authentic Vietnamese food. The winner or the Master-Chef of Bhaya Cruise would be awarded surprising gifts. It’s also time to admire the sunset over enchanting Halong Bay while the boat anchors for an overnight stay.
- 7:00PM: Enjoy set-menu dinner on board while your Cruise Manager introduces the following day program.
- 9:00PM: Retire to your cabin or join our staffs for squid fishing. Overnight on board.
- Overnight on-board the Bhaya Classic Cruise or similar
(Note: Itinerary is subject to change without prior notice according to weather conditions, local administration regulations or using a different Cruise Company)
Tue.27th March: HALONG BAY – HANOI – DANANG – HOI AN (Brunch/-/D)
- 06:15 AM: Start off your day with a Tai Chi lesson on the sundeck with complimentary tea and coffee being served. Rejuvenate your body and mind with the slow movement of Tai Chi and enjoy the dawn on the bay.
- 07:00 AM: Light breakfast is served onboard. The boat weighs anchor to sail to Cua Van floating village. Take your time to visit the village which is voted as one of the 11 insanely beautiful small towns around the world by huffingtonpost.com. You can choose either kayak or traditional rowing boat to go around discovering local life on the waters.
- 09:00AM: Return to your boat and relax. Enjoy the brunch before checking out.
- 10:45AM: Disembark at Tuan Chau International Passenger Port.
- 11: 45 AM: Arrive at Hon Gai Harbour. You will be picked up and transferred to Noi Bai airport in Hanoi (approx. 4hrs) for a flight to Danang City.
- On arrival in Danang, drive to Hoi An City stay, another 40 minutes drive by road.
- Dinner in a local restaurant
- After dinner, check-in at the hotel and relax.
Overnight in Hoi An at Little Hoi An Central or similar
Wed.28th March: HOI AN – COOKING CLASS (B, L, D - at cooking class)
- Breakfast at the hotel
- 8.30AM: We start with a morning guided heritage walking tour through Hoi An Ancient Town.
- Visit the Japanese covered bridge, Chinese assembly hall, a typical Vietnamese merchant’s house, one of the interesting museums and the local market.
- There are numerous art galleries, souvenir and tailor shops where you can get some express made-to-order clothes if you like.
- Lunch at a local restaurant.
- Afternoon cooking class at Red Bridge Cooking School
- 2:00PM: You will be transferred to meet the chef at Hai Café, walk with the chef to visit Hoi An’s colorful market, & experience the amazing sights, sounds and aromas of this busy market. We will have the opportunity to interact with the local sellers and learn about all the ingredients to be used in the cooking lesson later.
- We board the Red Bridge boat for a leisurely cruise (25 minutes) along the Hoi An River to the Red Bridge Cooking School. This is a chance to view local river life, so make sure your camera is handy.
- On arrival, we explore the cooking school’s herb garden, before learning about some of Hoi An’s and Vietnam’s well-known dishes.
- The cooking lesson runs for about 2 hours
- After the lesson, we sit down and eat what we have cooked. Bring your swimsuit and after the cooking tour has finished relax and take a dip in the swimming pool
- Return to your stay. Overnight in Hoi An at Little Hoi An Central or similar
Thu.29th March: HOI AN – TREASURE HUNT (B, L)
- 08:00 am - Start from your hotel. “The Duel in Hoi An” is a new way to discover some of the most famous places in Hoi An city and its countryside. It’s a test of your navigational, investigative and negotiation skills. Through this Treasure Hunt, you will explore Hoi An and its countryside, learning interesting things about some of the most famous places and, of course, having lots of fun!
- In order to fulfil your mission, you will have to find specific places in Hoi An (using a map) and answer various questions. Some of the questions and/or tasks will require you to take some pictures or try traditional interaction with the local people. Once you have completed your mission, you will meet our tour guide to check and correct your answers (and photos). When everyone finishes and all answers have been checked and corrected, the guide will announce the winner who will receive a traditional gift.
- Have a refreshing drink before having local lunch at a restaurant
- Return to your hotel after lunch and have a free afternoon
- The evening is free for you to explore this historic centre at leisure. Dinner on your own.
- Overnight in Hoi An at Little Hoi An Central or similar
Fri.30th March: HOI AN – DANANG – HO CHI MINH – CU CHI TUNNEL (B,L, D – street food)
- Early breakfast at the hotel
- 06:40 a.m - Driver transfers you back to Danang airport for your flight to Ho Chi Minh City.
- Arriving at Tan Son Nhat International Airport in Ho Chi Minh City, drive 2 hours straight to Cu Chi tunnels
- Lunch en-route at a local restaurant
- After lunch, visit Cu Chi tunnel. Visit the underground villages to better understand life in the tunnels and the Vietnamese’s resilience during the combats. Interact with a Vietnamese war veteran who shares with you his experiences.
- 05:00 pm - Check-in your hotel in Ho Chi Minh City, relax and freshen-up.
- City nightlife & foodie adventure by vintage Vespa scooter (06:30 pm – 08:30 pm) – JOIN IN GROUP TOUR RIDING PILLION
This Saigon night tour is part night excursion, part street food adventure. Experience Saigon nightlife the way locals do, all from the back of a vintage Vespa scooter.
- 06:30 pm- Riders pick up guests from the hotel and first stop is at Café zoom to "watch the world go by" (quoted by The Lonely Planet) and enjoy cocktail and appetizer (inclusive) before adventuring into the favourite local eating spot. Experience the nightlife of Saigon the way locals do, all from the back of a vintage Vespa scooter. The tour will continue to a hidden Vietnamese-style coffee shop to have a taste of Vietnamese music (live). After this, the tour will bring the guest to a lively bar to enjoy the drinks with live music. Guests ride pillion behind our riders.
- Overnight in Ho Chi Minh City at Liberty Central City Point or similar
Sat.31st March: HO CHI MINH CITY – DEPARTURE (B)
- Breakfast at the hotel and enjoy your last few hours till it is time for your transfer to the airport for your departure flight home.
Note: Hotel check-out time is 11 AM. Late check-out is not included
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~End of the Journey~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
We have included stays at boutique city centre properties that have all modern amenities, yet a strong local flavour. Also, experience a one night stay on a luxury boat (double sharing en-suite cabin) at the UNESCO listed World Heritage site of Ha Long Bay.
On this food adventure, your taste buds will be always fed with mouthwatering local cuisine. Vietnamese food is a culmination of the freshest of ingredients with subtle flavours that have a wonderful aromatic appeal. This tour promises a treat for all your senses.
All land transport would be in a comfortable A/C mini coach. We take two internal (domestic) flights and the rest of the travel is by road. For the Beer trail in Hanoi, you would be riding pillion on bikes and for the Vespa food tour in Saigon, you would be riding pillion on a Vespa.
While food is a highlight of this tour, we also ensure you do not miss out on the cultural highlight of this incredibly diverse land. From the conservative north, through the historic centre and the eclectic south; we visit Vietnam in all its glory with a guide at all places throughout the journey.
Visa and Insurance (not included in the tour cost):
The visa approval letter is included in the tour cost. The Visa stamping fee of approx. $25 per person has to be paid during immigration.
We highly recommend purchasing a travel insurance for your travels. Some of the companies that offer travel insurance online are TATA AIG, ICICI Lombard, HDFC Ergo etc. You can compare the insurance policies here: www.coverfox.com
March is considered to be one of the best months to travel to Vietnam with dry, bright weather expected along the entire length of the country. The average temperature in the North hovers around 19 °C, Central stays around 25 °C and the Southern part around 30 °C.
INR98,000/- per person on double sharing including 5% GST
Single supplement INR19,000/- per person (over and above the tour cost) including 5% GST
- 4* Accommodations and meal plan as per itinerary
- Two-way airport transfers as per recommended flight timings only.
- Transfer services in air-conditioned vehicle (except for leisure time or free day)
- Entrance fees where applicable
- Two internal flights:
- Hanoi – Danang (for Hoi An)
- Danang – Ho Chi Minh City (Saigon)
- Join Halong Bay boat – 1-night itinerary
- Walking street food tour in Hanoi
- Cooking Demo at local home in Hanoi
- Beer trail in Hanoi
- Treasure hunt tour in Hoi An
- Red Bridge cooking class in Hoi An
- Vespa tour in Ho Chi Minh City
- Meals as listed in the program B= Breakfast; L= Lunch & D = Dinner: pre-arranged at local restaurants based on local food with set menu (food only, exclude drinks of all type)
- A local English speaking guide & escort throughout the tour
- Vietnam Government taxes & service charges
- Bottled mineral water and wet wipes in car on touring days
- Vietnam Visa approval letter
- Drinks and surcharge for special request on foods and meals
- Entrance fees, guide service during free time & other personal expenses
- Surcharge for public holidays (if any)
- Travel insurance (recommended)
- Vietnam visa stamping fee at airport on arrival (approx. 25usd/person, single entry, valid 1 month)
- International airfare from/to Vietnam and departure tax
- Internal airfares in the tour (please refer to the supplement quotation)
- All other services not stated in the program.
For more details call us at +91 9146154074 or mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org